Granola is such a great snack to have on hand for yourself or for your kids! You can toss it on top of yogurt, smoothie bowls, or eat it plain with a little coconut milk. This stuff is also great for snacking on road trips, hikes or playing out side.
We've given this recipe a superfood boost with our Queen of Green.
Our Queen of Green is made from organic, cold-pressed hemp seeds + nourishing organic herbs:
- Nettle leaf - packed with vitamins A, B, C, E, K and minerals like iron, manganese, potassium and calcium
- Spirulina - a plant-based source of vitamin A, K1, K2, B12, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese and chalk full of antioxidants
- Chlorella - packed with protein, iron, vitamin C, magnesium, copper, potassium, zinc, omega-3's and loaded with antioxidants
- Reishi - coined "Mushroom of Immortality" in Traditional Chinese Medicine, this gentle adaptogen is widely used for its immune boosting properties
What you need:
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 TBSP Queen of Green
- 4 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 - 2 cups of dried fruit ( I love dates and figs)
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Sea salt
Preheat the oven to 300 F.
Combine oats, nuts and cinnamon in a bowl. (If you're making for younger kids, chop the nuts very fine). Heat honey, coconut oil and vanilla in a small pan and stir to combine. Once heated through, pour over the oat mix and stir. Add to a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes. Check halfway through and give it a stir.
While the oats are baking, chop your dried fruit. When the oats are done, stir in the dried fruit and sprinkle with Queen of Green.